K, So, this morning I was watching The Green Hornet, and I realized, while it was a great movie and all (on like... a completely face value), I cant believe I haven't heard anything about how blatantly it rips off other (and frankly much better) super heroes. So lets count the connections shall we?
Seth Rogan plays Britt Reid. A wild, party animal not living up to his potential (strike one: Green Lantern), when his father dies leaving him the family business ( Strike Two: Green Lantern). So, Britt goes to work for this family business as a news journalist, (Strike Three: Clark Kent for Superman), and actually uses the paper to promote his character, research crime, and generally just warp it to his advantage (Strike 4: Superman OR Spiderman) all while working behind the scenes as a Superhero. The catch being that he has no discernible talents himself, and uses his fortune to hire his help to make him gadgets and gizmos for him to use against the criminals (Strike Five: Batman). The catch is that everyone thinks the Green Hornet is a criminal (Strike Six: Spiderman). The Green Hornet named himself after the animal that killed his father (Strike Seven: Batman) and lets face it everyone, there's obvious similarities between the names Green Hornet and The Green Lantern, that I don't think I really need to point out here.
So I think we can also all see where my Top Ten List is coming from this week. So here it is.
The Top Ten Superheroes of all Time:
10) Professor X
9) Phoenix
8) Aquaman
7) Iron Man
6) Wolverine
5) The Green Lantern
4) Rogue
3) Spiderman
2) Superman
1) Batman
No comments:
Post a Comment